The purposes for which the Pennsylvania Veterans Foundation, Inc., is being established are charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) including:
- To provide assistance and support for Pennsylvania veterans and their families,
- To make grants to other recognized charitable foundations and organizations and veterans’ service organizations to carry out the charitable purposes of the Corporation.
- To make grants and to undertake charitable programs and projects to assist and support deserving Pennsylvania veterans and their families.
- To assist Pennsylvania veterans in need of shelter and the necessities of living.
- To provide aid, comfort, assistance, and support for Pennsylvania veterans, including veterans of war or armed conflict and peacetime veterans, and their families.To help ensure that Pennsylvania veterans and their dependents have access to accurate up-to-date information and assistance to qualify for federal, state, and local veterans benefits.
- To honor the rich history and heritage of Pennsylvania veterans and the contributions and sacrifices of veterans by providing public education and information.
- To solicit and receive grants, donations, gifts, and legacies from other foundations, charitable organizations, veterans’ service organizations, corporations, individuals and other entities to carry out the charitable purposes of the Corporation